Monday, October 27, 2008

We Made It!

I kept telling Jai that I thought it would be fun to go to a political rally, so when I found out that Barack Obama was coming to Richmond I decided that Isha and I were going to go. Well...easier said than done. The parking was horrible and after driving around for 45 minutes I was ready to give up and go home. For some reason I decided to give it one more shot and luckily I managed to find a spot! But by then I figured that we would never make it inside because the lines to get in were 3 1/2 blocks long. Isha and I got in line and hoped for the best. After an hour I figured it was a lost cause, but somehow we managed to make it inside and even find a seat. Of course we were in the very top seat, but I didn't care at least I was inside.


It was so amazing to see all of these people there to support Obama and to know that we were witnessing a part of history.

It was really hard to hear exactly what Obama was saying, but really after all the commercials, interviews and debates I think that we have heard most of it already. It was still really exciting to be there and I am so glad that Isha and I hung in there and were able to go. Hopefully this trip will be the start of raising Isha to be a responsible little American who never takes her ability to vote for granted!

3 comments:

Meg said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad you went and took Isha! I heard Obama was in Richmond for a rally and I was wondering if you were going to go! I'm happy to see that you were there!

Holli said...

Jen:

This is really cool! Way to teach by example and start your daughter down the path of understanding and respecting her civic duty.

Happy Halloween! I can't wait to see what costume your little Isha will be donning.

Holli

PS thanks for your nice comments on my blog. You are too kind.

Sara K. said...

OMG!!! YOU ROCK!!! I have been dying for a moment of free time to be able to tell you how cool this is!!!! I am so wowed! And jealous, too! Michelle Obama is coming to our library...across the street from my apartment. I hope to get there! -S