Thursday, October 15, 2009

W.I.P. Diya's Blanket

Actually it is Diya's Blanket 2.0. The first attempt was so full of mistakes that I pulled it all out and started a new pattern. This ones is much easier and is turning out beautifully!! I love the color and I can't wait to finish it.

I was working on it the other night while watching the Virginia Gubernatorial debate and some how I managed to miss some stitches somewhere and I had to pull out a whole row. I was so mad because I messed up my blanket due to the fact that I was paying more attention to the two idiots on the TV and not to my knitting. The worst part is after an hour of watching the debate all I know about the candidates is that they both have a plan for everything. No specifics were given, just that they have a plan. Well DUHHH, I figured that. Anyways...while undoing my knitting I managed to do something weird to a few of the stitches and I had no idea how to fix it. Luckily I have a friend whose mom is a knitter so I went over to her house and she showed me how to fix it. Yeah!! So now I am back on track and making progress on Diya's blanket.

4 comments:

heather jane said...

Love the purple, Jen. You have the patience of a saint to take on a project this big! I can barely stand to look at my shawl anymore. At this point I just want it to be over so I keep knitting.

Holli said...

Great work, Jen! The color is beautiful. Keep it going. I can't wait to see the FO.

Sara K. said...

The blankie looks great! I am feeling the same way about the candidates. All we see around here is negative attack ads. I am pretty sick of it.

Meg said...

I love it! It looks so great! I've never knit a blanket before - yours looks so great! I can't wait to see Miss Diya all cuddle up in it!