Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finally Finished

I finally finished Diya's baby blanket. I was originally going to finish it before she was born, then I moved my goal to by the time we moved her into her room, then it was by the time she was six months old and then there was my final goal of finishing it before she turned a year old.


There is no better feeling in the world than when you can finally start binding off on a long drawn out project!!! This is the biggest knitting job I have ever completed. My only other knitting projects were a felted bag and a few wash clothes.

This pattern was fairly easy but pretty. I have decided that I don't think I will every knit another blanket (I'm sure I will be eating these words someday!) It is very cumbersome trying to knit once the blanket starts getting big and the way the needles curl up drives me insane!!! I had a few problems while making this blanket, but luckily my neighbors mother-in-law watches
her kids twice and she is a knitter so I had someone to go to for help. It seems like I had more problems towards the end. I think that I was so anxious to be finished that I was making stupid mistakes.
Diya seems to like her new blankie. I hope she knows all the love that went into making this for her.

I figured that if I was going to show off my handy work I would throw in a picture of my two best creations ever!!!



5 comments:

Holli said...

Wow! Congratulations - the blanket is gorgeous and suuuuuch an accomplishment.

As for your best creations ever -- I agree! Priceless!

Sara K. said...

WOOT!!! I am loving it!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is a lot of yarn and a lot of knitting. I'm pretty sure I would not be patient enough to knit a blanket all in one piece. Maybe squares to join. Maybe! I salute you...it turned out great.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

Jen, that blanket is so gorgeous! If it wasn't so much work for you, I'd hire you to make one for me! :) Congrats on finishing a fantastic project!

Meg said...

It's so beautiful!!! I love it! I have to admit, I've never knit a blanket b/c it's big and that scares me! What a lucky girl to have a mother who made that for her! I'm sure she'll have it forever!