Thursday, July 8, 2010

It Only Took Six Years

I know this is pathetic but I started this project over six years ago. I can't even count how many times I have ripped it out and started over. Now that it is finished I have no idea why it took this long to finish it. It is a super easy pattern, all you do is knit across and knit in the front and back on the end to increase by one. I guess after doing Diya's blanket I have found some knitting confidence.

I have no idea what I am going to do with a shawl. What was I thinking when I picked this project? It was so long ago I don't even remember. I guess I will keep it until I am 80 and then it will be "cool" to wear a shawl. I have to wear it some point because I spent a small fortune on the yarn.

Now I can move on to some other projects. I still need to finish a few projects for my craft game I posted on here over a year ago. Sara, Meg and Heather, I promise you will get something from me eventually!!! I am also going to attempt a sweater for Jai's cousins who are having a little boy this fall. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Holli said...

Wow, Jen! Gorgeous job! Definitely wear that beauty out -- it's nice and shawls come in handy, especially during the summer with the A/C gets a little too nippy.

*on a coincidental note, I am teaching a new student to knit. Tonight she's beginning her first project and this VERY shawl is what she selected. It looks like a great project for a newbie -- but seems daunting to me, considering how much time must go into that much knitting.

Anonymous said...

Shawls are actually totally hip now so slap that baby on over a little black dress and hit the town, hot Mama! (Since I'm an authority on hip...HA HA!)

Sara K. said...

Yes, shawls are quite the style right now. My students (I know 10-year olds are not always harbingers of style - but here in Arlington they try to stay pretty hip!)wear them and LOVE them!

It looks amazing! Well done you!

Meg said...

It's lovely!! And yes, you're totally hip and cutting edge b/c shawls are very in! My last 3 knitting projects have been shawls and I have another on the needles and more planned! Put it on and be proud of your work! What baby sweater are you going to make?