Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet Cupcake

I used my left over yarn from my sweater to make this knitted bear. Since the yarn was called Chocolate Cupcake, I decided to name the bear Cupcake. The knitting part of this project was fun, but putting it together was a whole other story. Getting everything even and sewn on was a real pain, plus I had no idea how to embroider the eyes and nose, but I did my best and she is done. I had bought some more yarn to make another one, but I think I will be taking that back and trading it in for some yarn for another sweater.

Isha is already attached to this little bear so I think her new home will be with Isha. I don't trust Diya with her. I think she would be missing limbs if she got a hold of her.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job, Jen. I can see how sewing her together would be a big pain, but I love the stripes and her sweet face, so worth it in the end. Plus, Isha will always love her.

Holli said...

Oh, Jen! Well done - Cupcake is darling. That little face, those pink sweet stripes. GORGEOUS!

Sara K. said...

Jen - this is so so cute!!! I love how the colors turned out. Cupcake is a perfect name! Amazing!!!

Meg said...

This is so cute Jen! You did great job! I have several patterns for animals like Cupcake but sewing the part together always seems to be a scary undertaking! I'm so glad Isha loves it!