Monday, January 10, 2011

My First Sweater For Me!

Here is my sweater that I started back in September!! It was so warm this fall that it was hard to be motivated to work on a sweater and then once we got closer to the holidays life got crazy, but I finally finished it. I really liked the way it turned out. Of course it is not perfect, but the things that aren't right about it will get better with each sweater I make (hopefully). It was supposed to be shorter, but I took Meg's advice and added on a few inches to the length, which was a good decision because there is no point in spend time on something if you don't like it when you are done and you won't wear it. I love the yarn that I picked, how can you go wrong when the name of the yarn is Chocolate Cupcake!

I found the pattern on Ravlery for free!! So now I will be trolling Ravelry again to find a new project.

I need to work on a better smile so that I don't get that darn double chin every time I have my picture taken!!!

4 comments:

Holli said...

Wow, Jen! Congratulations!

It's gorgeous (and so are you!)

Anonymous said...

Hot Mama~!! Way to go, Jenn. It's really cute and I agree on the color choice. Totally perfect for you.

I can't believe how short your hair is! I bet it's easier to take care of now that you're running all the time! (and it's really cute, too)

Meg said...

It's so pretty! I'm so happy you've got a sweater you love and you look great in it! I'm a bit jealous of it b/c I've never knit a big girl sweater for myself!

Sara K. said...

So cute!!! Way to go! I'm so impressed.