Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Born To Run

Wow, it has been awhile since I have written about a book on this blog. Actually I haven't written much of anything here lately thanks to two little girls who keep me incredibly busy!!
I had put this on my "to read" list and a few days later at book club we all started talking and this book came up and since we were all runners we decided to read it. I loved this book!!! I really enjoy reading non-fiction so this was perfect for me. The book goes back and forth between "the greatest race the world has never seen" and the science of running. The chapter on how humans evolved into distance runners was really interesting. After reading this book I was even more inspired to keep running. Heck, I was even ready to cut some of the meat out of my diet because of what I read in this book and then "it" happened. I got injured. I guess it was bound to happen, but it was really discouraging. So now I am stuck in a walking cast for the next six weeks. At least I will have more time to read and knit.




2 comments:

Holli said...

Cool! This is one I should add to my list of must-reads.

And, by the way, you look fantastic -- all that running is not only fun and challenging, but reshaping your body.

Sara K. said...

Sorry hear about the injury. I would love to get back into running. There is a hurtle I cannot seem to get over. Why is that? I should add this book to my list!