Thursday, May 19, 2011

Isha's Lavender Sweater

A friend of mine was looking for a knitting project so she made a sweater for Diya. I loved it so much that I decided to make a matching one for Isha and here it is.

It was fun to try out cables. One thing I have learned about knitting is that most of the stuff that looks really hard is actually pretty easy. This knitted up very quickly and was fun to do. I made it a little big which is a good thing since it is already getting warm here. Now Isha can wear this in the fall and into the winter with a long sleeved shirt underneath.



Here is the back with cute little matching lavender lady bug buttons. I have already found another cute sweater that I want to make for the girls. My only problem is I need more knitting needles. I borrowed all the ones for this sweater from my friend, otherwise it would have cost me over 30 dollars just for needles and the cables. Let me know if you have any good ideas of where I can get some needles cheaply and if I buy set, what is the best sizes to buy so that I can get the most use out of them.





3 comments:

Holli said...

Adorable!!! Well, done, Jen.

As for needles and where to acquire them. My path down that road has come piece mail. As I knit an item and needed needles or other 'tools' I made purchases of good quality. I considered it part of my craft and after many many items made, I've got just about every needle I'll ever need. It took years to amass them, but it really does pay off.

I prefer Addi Turbo needles for my circulars and any standard 7" bamboo needle for my DPNs. As a rule I never purchase/use straight needles -- I always just use a circular as a straight when a pattern calls for straights. This will save you money.

One other thing I did while storing up my supplies -- I always had a wish list of needles I didn't have but wanted and when people would ask me what I wanted for my birthday or other holiday I'd shoot them off that list. The price point for one circular addi turbo usually fit the bill for anyone asking.

Keep up the good work!

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

So adorable!!! Great job! I love how the girls are going to be matching now. It makes me want to learn how to knit....

Sara K. said...

So darling! I'm always so impressed that anyone can make something like that from their own hands. Kudos to you!