Friday, April 11, 2008

Asian Salmon Patties

It has been awhile since I have posted anything here. I have been working on lots of projects, but I don't have any finished ones to show off yet. I have also been reading a lot lately. I am currently reading Jane Eyre and loving it.

Unfortunately Jai found out that he has high cholesterol and high blood pressure, so we have been working on eating healthier these last few weeks and trying to eat more fish. I found this recipe for Asian Salmon Patties and thought I would give it a try. These were great. I don't know if it was the ginger that cut the fishy taste or if the salmon was just not fishy tasting, but we really enjoyed them and they were very easy to make. I love cooking with ginger. We keep a jar of ginger paste in the fridge which makes it very easy to use. I always buy it at the Indian store, but you may be able to find it at a regular grocery store in the International aisle. Of course you can buy it and grate it yourself, but it is a lot of work. I also made the sesame mayonnaise to go with the salmon patties. I did add a little bit of soy sauce to the sauce. We ate this with a salad and some rice. I don't like to eat plain rice, so I always mix a few tablespoons of soy sauce (or fish sauce if you are brave), a few tablespoons of lime juice and crushed red pepper to put on my rice Yummy!

Today I had one of the left over patties chopped up on a salad with veggies and Asian dressing and it was still good!

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Yum! Yum! You rock! -S

Anonymous said...

Perfect!! I was thinking salmon cakes would be good later this week. And I have ginger. The kind I have to grate, but that's okay!!