Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Go Local Challenge Week #5

I know that this is a little late, but better late than never. I didn't have time to post our last local meal that we had before I left town for Idaho.

I made it down to the Byrd House Market and found lots of yummy stuff to buy. I spent an arm and a leg for two local chicken breast, but when you meet the people who did all of the hard work to bring you that chicken you don't feel as bad spending so much on it. Along with our chicken we had fried green tomatoes, corn on the cob and roasted red potatoes for dinner. I didn't get any pictures of the meal. Jai always laughs at me when I take pictures of the food. I can't help it, I am a proud local eater!
We missed making a local meal last week because Isha and I were in Idaho. We won't be making a local meal this week, because after all of the traveling I don't feel like driving around and looking for local food this week. BUT, next week I am going to cook local all week, except for Friday because we always go out on Friday night. Wish me luck. Hopefully I can find lots of good stuff to fill up our fridge!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

Anonymous said...

Concentrate to the things that could give information to the people.

Sara K. said...

Sounds yummy! :) -S

Anonymous said...

Looks like the same scummy lotto posters that posted on my blog a few weeks ago found your blog too. Shame on them!!!

Ahem. So anyway, I love the giant flowers in that picture.

I'm glad you had such a fun time in Idaho. We loved seeing you, and I love my spices. I've used them almost every day!!

That scrapbook for Isha is DARLING!! I totally need to try that out, but I don't think I'm patient enough.

And....good luck with your local quest next week. I hope it works out.

And...I get laughed at for photographing our meals as well. It's par for the course.

Love you! H

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you found what you needed. Locavores like yourself are really making a difference by blogging and sharing your experiences with friends. In August we will be hosting some cook-offs with local chefs. I hope to see you at the market again soon. Laura Morand Bailey, Market Manager Byrd House Market.

Meg said...

Looks like a fun market! Good luck with your goal of eating locally next week! I'm always inspired by your meals!
Hugs....
meg

LOCATION said...

Jen, I hope you don't mind but I put a quote from your blog on the Byrd House Market site along with your lovely photo of you and your daughter. I also linked to your great blog. If this is a problem, just let me know and I will take it down. Cheers, Laura Morand Bailey, BHM Manager.