Thursday, July 3, 2008

Heaven

Dessert was so good that I decided that it needed it's own post!!!
I love peaches and nectarines, but I had given up on eating them because the ones from the grocery store are awful. They are hard as a rock with absolutely no flavor and half the time they never ripen properly. When I saw these ones at my little fruit stand I decided to buy a few and give them a try. They were so good that I had to go back the next day and get more!
These nectarines came from a farm just outside of Charlottesville, VA and they were wonderful. I sliced them up and sprinkled them with a little sugar, which they really didn't need and some cinnamon.
The best part was that I found some local ice cream, from Homestead Creamery in Burnt Chimney, VA, to eat them with. They tasted so good that it was like being in Heaven!!! This was the best ice cream. It was totally different than all that mass produced junk. It tasted like the stuff that we used to make at home.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

I am actually drooling. And local ice cream, to boot? YOU ROCK!!! :) -S

Meg said...

Ok...now I want some dessert! That looks so good! I missed our Farmers Market this weekend due to our trip. I hit Whole Foods, but the only local thing I found was an onion from Walla Walla! They consider California and parts of Canada (which is a heck of a lot closer then CA) local so we'll be incorporating lots of other not-so local veggies in our diets this week.