Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Isha's Little Dress

Here is the finished product. I am glad that I finally got around to finishing this because it turned out to be really cute and if I had waited any longer it wouldn't have fit her! There is a head scarf that goes with it, but I am not sure that I am going to make it. Isha isn't good about keeping things on her head. Plus it is so hot here in the summer that it would be uncomfortable to wear.

I had to redo the stitches around the top because the hole was to small for her head to fit through. After a few tries I finally came up with something that worked. This pattern can be modified for bigger kids so I might even make another one for her. I think it would be cute to make it shorter and then use it as a shirt. I have even thought about making one and putting a long sleeve shirt underneath and some cute tights and then she could wear it in winter. We will see if I actually get around to any of these cute ideas.
We went out to dinner last night with some friends so we will be doing our local meal tonight instead. I will post our meal here tomorrow. It isn't very creative, but that is the beautiful of local meals, you just go with what ya got!

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Lady, you rock! Love the colors you chose. And you are right...what you get with local is just what you get! :) -S

Angie said...

so cute! I need the pattern.

Meg said...

That dress is great! Nice work! It's just as cute as she is!

{z} said...

I love that dress...it's adorable! Good work with your local challenge as well. You inspired me to do what I can when I can!