Sunday, February 17, 2008

Breakfast Pizza

Here is a great recipe from the Beyond Burlap cookbook that the Junior League of Boise put out a few years ago. By the way, my name is in the back of this book as a recipe tester. That is the sign of a true Idahoan: your name is in a potato cookbook. I hope you enjoy this recipe. We have made it a few times and our neighbors just called this morning to get the recipe.
Breakfast Pizza
1 can (8 count) cresent rolls (I used 2 because I did mine in a bar pan instead of a pizza pan)
1lb sausage
2 cups of frozen hashbrowns, thawed
5 eggs beaten (I did a couple of extra because of the extra dough)
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese ( I used cheddar)
press the rolls onto a 14 inch pizza pan and press the perforations together
brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring until crumbly and drain
layer the sausage and potatoes over the rolls
mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over potatoes
sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, really yummy. I'm going to have to try this. I love anything with potatoes. Not just cause I'm from Idaho, but that makes it kind of fun that they're seriously my favorite food.

I love talking to you yesterday. I miss you way too much.

H

Sara K. said...

Thanks for adding this! I loved this tasty pizza and I am so glad to have the recipe! I starred it in my reader so I can get back to it, very easily. -S