Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weekend Projects

These two scarves have been sitting around half finished for quite awhile, so I finally finished them up. The green one is a Szechuan Scarf, the yarn and directions came in a Chinese takeout box. I got it at a Christmas party a few years ago in a white elephant gift exchange. The blue one has lots of imperfections due to my beginning knitting skills. Thank goodness for chunky yarn, because it does a great job hiding mistakes.
I have been wanting to make a picture frame out of all the shells we found at Myrtle Beach this summer and today I finally got around to doing it. I had hoped to have an adorable picture of Isha at the beach in it, but due to technical difficulties with the printer I have to post this picture of just the frame.
And finally something I have been wanting to do for awhile now. I have all this left over yarn from other projects and these little flowers are a really easy way to use it up. It took me awhile to find the clips, but now that I know where to find them I think I will make more of these. Especially since almost all of my friends have little girls. I have lots of other ideas about things that I could do with these flowers so I am sure you will see more of them in the future. I have a purse that I felted and I think I am going to make a bunch of white flowers to sew onto it to give it a little personality.
Here is Isha modeling her new hair clip.

By the way...I can't seem to get spell check on blogger to work, so I apologize for all the spelling errors. Has anyone else had this problem?






2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Fantastic!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the green scarf! So cute. The shell frame is a great idea. I remember those pictures of Ish from the beach and I know that it will look darling in the frame. Very crafty. And the baby clips - ingenious!!! I bet you could sell those, they are so cute! Well done, Mrs. Crafty! -S

PS-Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen!! No more messin' around for you. You're getting serious now.

Sorry I missed you yesterday. I hope I get to talk to you soon. I haven't made flannel wipes, but I would do them single layer and just zig zag the edges if I were you. (unless you have a serger). They might fray a little , but that's okay for what they're being used for.

Love the seashell frame. We have a ton in a glass vase. I should pull some out and do this.

And the flowers...really adorable.

Love you!! H