Saturday, February 16, 2008

An Interesting Book

Having grown up in Idaho I was surrounded by the Mormon religion, but out here in Virginia you don't hear about the religion very often and I have only met a handful of Mormons while living here, so this book caught my eye at the library.

It was an interesting book. It is more about Martha Beck's battle to come to terms with her childhood than leaving the Mormon church. I can't remember where she said she got this quote from, but I found it interesting: Forgiveness is giving up all hope of having had a different past.

She also wrote a book about her son Adam who has Down's Syndrome, called Expecting Adam. It sounds like a good book so I am going to put in on my to-read list on goodreads.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Interesting.

Sara K. said...

Yes, interesting. Its funny, people ask me to be the expect on Mormonism here in DC (at Bible study), because they know so little, and somehow living in Boise and having a good chunk of my family and friends who are LDS gives me the expertise. Not really, but I seem to know more than others! :] -S