Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Did It

I finally got the sewing machine to work and I am glad that I didn't throw it out the window because I think it is my fault that it kept jamming. I think I was threading the needle the wrong way, but in my defense the book that came with the machine is lame and not very helpful.

So here is the finished product...these adorable burp clothes. All of my friends are having babies at a pace that is almost impossible to keep up with so I thought it would be easier to make these instead of trying to make blankets for everyone. These weren't as easy as I thought because the diaper have an uneven edge which maks it hard for beginning sewers to get it right, plus you have to sew three different layers together. These definately have the home made look, but I am hoping that it will get easier the more of them I make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Good job not letting the machine win. :0

Sara K. said...

These are so cute. Way to push past the machine and make it work!!! -S