Friday, February 29, 2008

Sesame Orange Shrimp

Lately we have been trying to be good about cooking at home and using some of the food in our freezer and pantry since everything has become even more expensive. I was looking through an old copy of Everyday Food and found this recipe for Sesame Orange Shrimp . It looked good so we thought we would give it a try. The verdict... This stuff is amazing!!!! Jai is still ranting about it. The only thing I added was some cayenne pepper to the batter and some crushed red pepper to the sauce. The only problem w had was that I used Splenda instead of sugar and because of that the sauce didn't want to thicken up, so I just added some sugar and more crushed red pepper flakes to offset the sweetness.

We ate the shrimp over freshly steamed brown rice and had a green salad with some crunchy chow mien noodles and Asian dressing as a side dish and it was as close to gourmet as it gets in the Oberoi house.

I hope that you enjoy this as much as we did.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Sounds yummy!! You know how I like Everyday Food! YUMMY!! -S

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm. I love sweet and hot. Thanks for reminding me about this recipe.